Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Treatment
About Adcetris: Adcetris contains an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient called brentuximab vedotin . It is a prescription medication used to treat adults with certain types of blood cancer. The brentuximab vedotin may be given with chemotherapy (combination therapy) as your first treatment for:
- Stage-3/4 classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) with medications adriamycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (also known as AVD).
- Certain types of CD30-expressing peripheral T-cell lymphomas with medications cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and prednisone (also known as CHP).
- Hodgkin lymphoma, that has a high risk of coming back or becoming worse after a stem cell transplant (SCT).
- Hodgkin lymphoma that has returned after an SCT.
- Hodgkin lymphoma after at least 2 chemotherapy treatments and SCT is not an option.
- Systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma that has returned after a multi-agent chemotherapy treatment.
- Primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma or CD30-expressing mycosis fungoides following systemic therapy (drugs that spread throughout the body).
Possible Side Effects of Adcetris: Adcetris can be responsible for causing other serious side effects, including:
Allergic and infusion reactions: Allergic reactions, including severe forms, during infusion or up to 24 hours after brentuximab vedotin infusion. In case you have a reaction to the infusion, you may be recommended drugs before your adcetris 50 mg treatment. Symptoms include:
- Breathing problems
Nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy): Symptoms include:
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet (sensory).
- Weakness in the arms or legs (motor).
- Pain on urination
- A fever of 100.5°F or higher
- Flu-like symptoms
- Skin rash
- Sores in the mouth
- Blistering or peeling of the skin
- Severe abdominal pain
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Blurred vision
- It becomes harder to control your blood sugar
- Feeling tired
- A low number of WBCs
- Infection of the nose or sinuses
- Hair loss
- Weight loss
- Upper stomach pain
- A low number of RBCs
- Sores or swelling in the mouth
- A low number of lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)
- Sores or swelling in the digestive tract
- Posted by admin
- On December 8, 2021
- 0 Comments